Oil can be used in many different ways. Right from consuming it with meals, to applying it in your hair or skin, oil has multiple uses that can help enhance the lifestyle of humans. In cooking, oils are used for frying, baking, roasting, sautéing, and salad dressing. On the other hand, they are also used as beauty products, acting as alternatives to hair conditioners, skin moisturizers, acne fighters, and nail strengtheners. So, out of the plethora of oils, which oils are actually worth the investment?
Mentioned below, we have listed three different types of oil and their top applications to ensure you invest in that oil that is perfect for you:
According to a survey conducted by Medical News Today, 72% of people believe that coconut oil was healthful. Over the past few years, Coconut oil has grown in popularity, amid claims that it can do everything from weight loss to slowing the progression of Alzheimer’s disease. Today, coconut oil is used in multiple things, which include packaged products, cooking, fried foods, sweets, shampoos, coffee, smoothies, etc. Given below are a list of the top applications for coconut oil:
Top Applications for Coconut Oil
- Known as the world's most weight loss friendly oil, coconut oil contains a unique combination of fatty acids that has a server effect on metabolism. Moreover, multiple studies and research reveals that adding coconut oil to your food can result in the loss of 'dangerous' fat in the abdominal cavity.
- Coconut oil has fatty acids like Lauric acid and Mystric acid, which are capable of destroying harmful pathogens, which includes bacteria, virus, and fungi. This could help prevent infections.
- Coconut oil is great for your teeth as it combats the harmful bacteria in your mouth. This oil can help reduce plaque, tooth decay, and gum diseases. Hence, it is recommended to brush your teeth with coconut oil regularly
For more information about the benefits of this oil or to avail pure coconut oil, click here.
Popularly known as nutritional powerhouses, almond oil is full of healthy fats, fiber, phytochemicals, vitamins, and minerals. Originally grown in the Middle East, Almond oil is produced mainly in California nowadays. This oil is extremely popular due to its multiple health benefits. Even the Americal Heart Association recommends almond oil, especially for heart patients.
But what exactly are these benefits?
Top Applications for Almond Oil
- Almond oil has been popularly used for centuries to help soothe the skin and to heal small wounds or cuts. Moreover, ancient Chinese and Ayurvedic practices, which are still followed, make use of this oil to treat skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis
- Almond oil is also great for your hair. With its right vitamin B-7 or biotin, this oil helps to keep not just your hair, but nails strong as well. Moreover, as it is a natural SPF-5, it helps to protect your hair from the sun
- Almond oil is surely your heart's best friend! As this oil is full of monounsaturated fatty acids, it can increase the level of 'good' cholesterol in your body. It also reduced 'bad' cholesterol while replacing saturated and trans fats
For more information about the benefits of this oil or to avail pure almond oil, click here.
Essentially, castor oil is a multi-purpose vegetable oil, which is made by extracting oil from the seeds of the Ricinus Communis plant. These seeds are known as castor beans, and they contain ricin, a toxic enzyme. During the heating process, the ricin in castor oil is damaged, and the oil is safe to use. That being said, this oil has a host of medical, industrial, and pharmaceutical uses, which are given below:
Top Applications for Castor Oil
- One of the most common uses of castor oil in the medical niche is as a natural stimulant laxative. This essentially means that the oil can increase the movement of the muscles and push material down the intestines, thereby clearing the bowels
- Castor oil is also great for wounds as it prevents sores from drying out. This oil is part of the Venlex, a popular ointment, which is used to treat wounds. Venlex uses a mixture of castor oil, Peru balsam and a balm derived from the Myroxylon tree
- Castor is also a commonly used remedy for acne. Acne is generally a result of inflammation, hence, applying castor oil to the skin could reduce the swelling and cure acne
For more information about the benefits of this oil or to avail pure castor oil, click here.